Antonio B. Rodriguez
Dr. Rodriguez’s research interests are in coastal geology, sedimentology, depositional processes and environments and geomorphology. He is particularly interested in examining the response of coastal environments to changes in sea level, climate, and anthropogenic impacts. His research centers on empirical field-based studies.
Ongoing research projects
- Connectivity between coastal-plain watersheds and estuaries
- Impacts of sea-level rise and changes in storminess to estuaries and barrier islands
- Quantifying Oyster-Reef Accretion Rates and Structural Evolution for Improving Restoration Success
- Impacts of Sea-level Rise and Land-use Modifications on Fringing Marsh Sustainability
- Linking barrier island transgression induced by storms and sea-level rise to the carbon cycle, changes in ecosystem function and management decisions
Please contact Dr. Rodriguez if you are interested in graduate studies or would like to learn more about the research his lab is conducting.